Friday, December 7, 2012

Awkward Naked People

Victory is mine.

To understand why, you need to know that I came from a community college, where models in drawing classes were almost nonexistent, and frankly, they were clothed.  When I graduated, my drawing professor suggested that I should get all the "model" classes in as soon as possible, since she heard that they were cutting the funding for them.  So when I managed to snag the last seat in Figure Drawing I, I was excited.  Then I realized that the models were going to be nude.  I had come to a conflict.  I draw people, therefore I should take figure drawing.  However, I've always found naked people really awkward.  I was THE MOST nervous I have ever been about a class.

Now fast forward to the end of the semester.  Figure drawing? Favorite drawing class EVER.  I win.  In the beginning, though, it was pretty awkward, but I got over it pretty quickly.  I overcame my fear of awkward naked people!  Now, if only I can snag Figure Drawing II during drop/add...

(Portrait of a classmate in charcoal)


(Don't be offended by the unfinished naked charcoal man!  He did the craziest poses sometimes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment