Friday, December 7, 2012

#11 - Graffiti

First, let's review my experience with graffiti.


For anyone from my class reading this, this is the tobacco barn I mentioned.  For people, from Lake City, you know what I'm talking about.  For everyone else, well, look at it! It's the just the ugliest thing.  This is what I grew up knowing as graffiti, and this is the reason why I've always had a bad opinion of it.  This side of graffiti is what I don't like.  Then, I took this, literally less than a block from my apartment complex:






It's on the back side of a business, and it's just so ugly.  I can't even read it and I can't even begin to understand why someone put this here.  The most horrible graffiti I saw in Tallahassee, though, was a tag on a sculpture.  It's so rude to deface someone else's art with your own.  I was offended and it wasn't even mine!  The lecture on graffiti was one of the hardest for me, but I did see some things I liked, things that didn't harm the buildings they went up on.  That's the stuff I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment