Friday, December 7, 2012

#8 - 3x3 Collages

I had to get very creative for this post, because I don't really have "collage supplies" running around my apartment.  This first one I made from my old community college ID and an expired credit card:


Our lives are recorded, nearly everything we do.  We have digital profiles with all of our information.  We've been out into a system.   When does it become overkill?





 This one above I made after scouting around everywhere for bar codes.  As I was making this one I kept thinking about the mark in the book of Revelation.  One day we all will have to make a decision: in the world, or of the world?





Last, I collected leaves from the parking lot and did some ripping and gluing.  Leaves are overlooked and disliked, but they are a beautiful creation, right down to every cell.  Trees go through seasons in their lives, just like people do.  They are renewed in springtime, just like Jesus renews me.

No comments:

Post a Comment