Friday, December 7, 2012

#10 - Art and Life

I love drawing people.  I always have, even from the time I was in kindergarten.  So somewhere in the endless sketchbooks full of people, I started having this "thing" with faces.  The first thing I notice about a person is their face and their features.  Noses, eyes, lips, ears, the curve of the face, the chin.  This leads to the more interesting fact that I have a memory for faces.  I can see someone a handful of times (sometimes even just once), and if I see them again, I'll remember them, even if I don't know their name.  I was best friends with a girl in my dance class when I was four and then we didn't see each other for years. I recognized her years later in high school.  In that whole expanse of time, we hadn't seen each other once.  I've also seen people on the bus here at FSU and recognized them somewhere else on campus.  I'm just a face person, I guess.

(This fabulous picture of me was achieved by shaking the camera while taking the picture.  I am in no way a photographer, but I thought it turned out pretty cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment