Thursday, October 31, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust

I may have a Spanish test tomorrow but I feel the need for an emergency post before I start studying.

You guys, I am distressed.  DISTRESSED.

About what, you ask?  About this:




Yes, they're making The Giver into a movie.  More specifically, Jeff Bridges is making it into a movie.  That's not what has me distressed.  When I found out, though, I was kind of worried.  Everyone knows that books turned into movies are iffy, but I have a particular attachment to this one.  Lois Lowry is brilliant.  If you don't know that, you should.  I had similar worries years ago when The Chronicles of Narnia went the film adaptation route.  Lewis is my favorite author, as you know.  The first movie was good, the second ticked me off, and the third made me want to cut my own arms off so I wouldn't murder someone.  Now you understand why I'm concerned about this.

Now, to what has me distressed.

Jonas, the main character of the book, is twelve.  You would think it would be logical to cast someone that age.  Actually, Jeff Bridges thinks Jonas should be sixteen, but played by someone who is older than me.  Jeff Bridges is just the smartest person ever, don't you think?  But it wasn't enough to change something major like that, now we have to go further.  Now we have to add Taylor Swift to the cast.  Taylor Swift.  TAYLOR SWIFT.

Needless to say I was in cut-off-my-arms-so-I-don't-murder-somone mode.

Now go read The Giver, fall in love with it, and be as outraged as I am.


And, Taylor, just stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment