Sunday, January 6, 2013

Holey Moly, I Can't See Anything!

    My recent acquisition of a pair of jeans from Hollister sparked some very interesting thoughts.  Now before I go into this, I just want to say that a relative gave me the jeans for free, and I’m not knocking free clothing.
    I’m just different I guess, but I don’t particularly like rips in my jeans, nor do I think there is any justification in buying a pair of jeans with rips in them.  If you really want rips, rip them yourself, instead of walking around with holes so close to your crotch that you might as well be a hooker.  This complaint can pretty much go to any store that sells ripped jeans, but thankfully I can find nice jeans around too…ones that cost less and aren’t holey.
    Of course, in the case of Hollister, you might not know whether or not your jeans are ripped until you come out of the store, where you can actually see your hand five inches from your face.  Not even a minute ago, I had a thought that Hollister is a lot like those rides at Disney like Pirates of the Caribbean, and It’s a Small World: really dark, with a few lights here and there.  At Disney, I can understand: they don’t want you to see the ugly things that make the ride as awesome (or as creepy) as it is.  At Hollister, I just don’t understand.  Are they trying to save money on their light bill so they can pay to spray a million bottles of perfume in their stores every day?  Or maybe they’re trying to hide the fact that they jack their prices up for clothes that aren’t nearly worth it?
    In any case, I’m thinking about borrowing my dad’s headlamps so my friend and I can go on a search for a pair of Hollister jeans that don’t have rips or holes.  First one to find a pair wins! What do we win? I have no clue, mostly because I don’t think anyone is going to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment