Monday, September 10, 2012

#3 - Self-Exploration

   I love traveling.  I could do it all the time.  So naturally, I feel like the places I go influence my life and make me a different person.  They are a big part of what makes me who I am.  This leads me to my first project for my online class.  The instructions for this post were three lines long, so I was really at a loss when it came time.  I like lots of directions, so three lines isn't much.  So I took things literally and this is what I got:




   The idea was mapping your life.  According to the instructions, "[The artist] had her participants create their own map of their lives, histories, and how the different paths overlap. I want you to explore this idea in your artists' blog."  I thought about how I would do it for a while, then I took the words map and overlap and ran.
   Unless you're like my friend and you totally figured out what I did the second you looked at it, you're wondering what traveling has to do with this post.  I basically took the outlines of the states and countries I've visited, marked with cities and important sites I've been to, and created my life's version of Pangea.  I'm going to need a bigger piece of paper for future travel.  Seriously.





Artist Blog - Self Exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment